This method requires: jailbreaked iPhone 2.x, Cydia, Term-vt100, OpenSSH
Install MobileInstallation Patch from Cydia via “http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/”, the patch is under section “Tweaks”. If you currently have the hackulo.us MobileInstallation, you ALSO need to install the patch. Don’t worry, you can install appulous apps with this patch.
- In XCode, go to Project > Edit Project Settings.
- Set Base SDK to "Device - iPhone OS 2.0"
- Under Code Signing Identity, set Any iPhone OS Device to "Don't Code Sign"
- Delete the value of Code Signing Resource Rules Path
- Delete all previous build files.
- Go to Project > Set Active SDK > Device - iPhone OS 2.0
- Go to Project > Set Active Build Configuration > Release
- Build. NOT Build and Go.
- Copy MyApp.app to iPhone under
/Applications using ssh or whatever method you prefer.
Now open Terminal on iPhone and execute the following code
chmod +x MyApp.app
ldid -S MyApp.app/MyApp
killall SpringBoard //restart the SpringBoard
Run MyApp by touching the icon on SpringBoard.
Update: With the MobileInstallation Patch mentioned above, iPhone 2.2 seems unable to install/upgrade app by itself, you have to use iTunes (8.x) to uninstall an app first, then install/upgrade it.